One year ago today… my family and I celebrated my 21st birthday with a small picnic in San Pedro. We ate crabs fresh from the port, brought our own rice, melted butter, newspapers, and bonded over almost 10 pounds of crabs, scallops, and oysters. After, we went to long beach and spent the day walking around, sailing, playing in the arcade, and eating.
One year ago today… I was still at Cal Poly, I didn’t have a job, I didn’t have a blog, Melinda and Eddie weren’t married yet, my parents were playing poker, Devyn was just getting into his schooling, and I was still contemplating what I want to do with my life. Now, some of those things have changed dramatically, others, not so much. (Although I still don’t know what to do with my life). We are still a close family. Sometimes I feel that we are closer than ever. With time we all learn to appreciate and trust each other.
I have felt that this last year went extremely fast. I learned so many things about myself.
1. I learned that life is much more simple than you think it is.
2. Sometimes people can surprise you.
3. You must learn how to sacrifice things for the people you love.
4. Time is the greatest gift.
5. Friends, although rare, prove to be the most valuable things when lost.
6. Life is good. God is good.
7. We all have our things that cause us to struggle.
All-in-all, it has been a fantastic year. I am lucky to have everything that I need, and God has blessed me with so many great people. I am blessed.